2016年1月17日日曜日

I call for what I can realize now.

“If I am asked if I hold a brush in only fine days, the answer is “No.” In a melancholy day, I would like to draw a picture which can be drawn only in a melancholy day.”

This is words of Momoe Shinoda, the artist.


***

The other day, I went to Yokohama Art Museum to watch pictures of Kiyoshi Nakajima.
What I felt was his style of drawing had apparently changed after he got 60 years old.
I felt his style after 60 years old looks like “dynamic” one.
When young, there are pictures which can be drawn only in his youth. When old, there are pictures which can be drawn only in old age.

There is words “Josha Hissui(盛者必衰)”
This meaning is “Even prosperous, it will inevitably decay and be ruined.”
Will hot summer continue forever? The answer is “No.” It will be winter sometime.
There is a glorious day, and also there is an unfortunate day.


The words like unfortunate days or decline sound like negative image. But I don’t think so.
There are things which can be seen only in winter, right? For example, these are ski or snow scene in winter. In winter, if you think about only summer and never think of what you can enjoy now, it is fruitless. If you only think about the past when you were glorious, and never think of what you can do now and in future, it is not constructive.

As there are similar articles in my blog, please read them.

Thanks for reading!!